I am rediscovering Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People." The amazing things is that his ideas are as relevant and fresh now as they were when he wrote it in 1935.
- "If you want honey, don't kick over the beehive."
- Principle one "Don't crtiticize, condemn or complain"
- If I want people to enter their golf scores into the computer, I must get them to want to do it for their own reasons. Criticizing, condemning or complaining will not work. That is simply kicking over the beehive.
- If I want people to read my blogs, I must figure out the issues that a relevant to them.
- If you want people to do something, find out what is important to them and tune in to their motivation.
Stay tuned as I work through the ideas and try to apply them.