Here are six questions to ask yourself from Ken Blanchard’s book Leading at a Higher Level:
1. Who have been the leadership influencers in your life?
2. What is your overall purpose, and what do you want to accomplish?
3. What are your core values?
4. What are your beliefs about leading and motivating people?
5. What can people expect from you as a leader?
6. What do you expect from your people?
I suggest to discover the answers about yourself, ask someone you trust to ask you these questions and have them take notes. Have the persopn give you the notes for your reflections.
You will discover some surprising and neat things about yourself as a leader.
Let me know how it goes.