Had a great week Las Vegas this week at MicroStrategy World 2010.
Michael our VP Consulting and I went down with very different objectives, so I thought I would share with you the evaluation of how I did against objectives (rank is out of 10 with 10 being high). Maybe you could share yours as well.
- Spend Time and Support our Partner – MicroStrategy – Rank: 9
- Spent time with our alliance manager and the Canadian folks.
- Really enjoyed the time and opportunity to drive some good conversation both personal and professional
- Started some discussion on strategy in some areas
- Exposure to New Ideas and Concepts – Rank: 8
- Discuss BI with Various Companies and Vendors – Rank: 7
- Customer Presentations
- Citi – MarkHubbard – talked about the SaaS architecture and their implementation. It was good as he shared some good best practices on dealing with multiple stakeholders as well as some of their lessons learned.
- McCain Foods – Roman Coba – talked about his Teradata and MicroStrategy vision. He also did a great job discussing how he broke the re-platform project into it's components to allow for strong iteration in BI as well as standardized metrics. Also interesting conversation on how he sold the approach to the business and got them on board.
- A variety of other really interesting conversations throughout on best practices, challenges and general thoughts on BI in their organizations
- Show Michael more about this area of our business – Rank: 9
- I think he almost fell off his chair when he saw the vision of BI.