Download 45_coffeecast_45_teradata_partners_2007_keynote_address.mp3 Welcome to the 45th CoffeeCAST with Stephen Hayward of Project X Ltd.
Hello from Vegas – baby. It is the end of day one of the Teradata 2007 Partners event and we have decided to break up the week as individual CoffeeCAST (or as Graham would like to call this one WineCAST as we are at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay bar and not a usual coffee shop having a glass of wine.
Today we had a chance to hear some of the first messaging from Teradata since they went out on their own from NCR on Oct.1st. So we start by talking about today’s keynote address where we heard the following:
- Mike Koehler – President and CEO Teradata – Raising Intelligence
- Announcement of SAS Partnership and Dr. Goodnight who got up on stage with Mike
- Joint Engineering
- Joint solutions
- Joint Roadmap and Selling
- Integration of the two products
- Centre of Excellence for Architects and Consultants
- with the Goal to cut the cost of data analytics
- Geoffrey Moore – Analytics and Innovation
- Why aren’t analytics everyhwere – a brief discussion and point of view
- Business Architecture Model
- Complex systems – smaller volume hogher cost environment
- Volume operations
- Catagory Maturity Lifecycle
- Tech adoption
- growth market
- mature market
- declining market
- Change the vector of innovation
Listen in and we hope you enjoy and more importantly, hope you join in the conversation. So drop a comment in the blog or send me an email and share your thoughts on the topic.
The audiocast is available on iTunes (as a Podcast) or here for download. Have a great day and join the conversation.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sounds like a great beginning. I remember a Jeffrey Moore prsentation at an ITAC conference on Crossing the Chasm. He is really good. Lots of nice mental models.
I did listen to the 41 minutes.
I am excited to hear about the SAS partnership. They sure know analytics so should be some neat stuff out of that.