Jim asked me the other day to look into how he could have a printout of his posts that he has done. So I have been surfing around the web today. Here is what I have found so far…
0. Typepad – save content as text. It is ok, but not a great tool. Good for backup though.
1. Blurb – originally brought to my attention by MIP. Sadly though, my PC doesn’t have the horsepower to download and run. Why is this not SaaS (software as a service)? I will have to get another PC out and try it on that one.
2. Zamzar – a file conversion service I found a while ago, it doen’t allow for the right input format.
3. BlogPrinting – this is a SaaS service that also allows you to easily resell your blog book. Looks like it could be a bit expensive for colour, but an option that I will explore.
4. BlogBinders – They have gone out of business and send you to lulu.com
5. Lulu.com – At first blush, it appears you need a PDF version of your content. Well for me, if I can create that then I am done already.
OK, now I am out of time for today, but I was surprised not to find as much useful information on the web about this. Certainly an opportunity for Typepad to come up with a service.