Welcome to the 36th CoffeeCAST with Stephen Hayward of Project X. I have been busy at work and not had a lot of time for a leisurely chat over coffee. But I have come back with a great guest today.
So join Graham and I as we welcome Justin Lindsay as the new CTO of Netezza. He is a self proclaimed Engineer/Tinkerer who has been evaluating emerging technology in the public sector and jumped at the opportunity to join some friends over at Netezza. So grab a cup of Java as we join Justin over the phone and cover items like:
- The story – Justin’s background and how he ended up at Netezza
- A big win at Catalina that is proving out the current abilities of Netezza
- The history of a purpose built – deep analytics tool that is fast and inexpensive
- What is Justin Going to do:
- Find new ways to use the existing technology to empower his customers to question everything. Answering those hard questions that could not be answered before.
- Leverage and grow the distinct order of magnitude of performance.
- The Deep Analytics Environment and where does it go:
- Netezza as an EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse)
- SOA – Service Oriented Architecture
- Interfaces which are tight and closely coupled.
Thanks to Brian DeMichele from Schwartz Communications for facilitating this and please note that Project X is a partner of Netezza.
in and we hope you enjoy and more importantly, hope you join in the
conversation. So drop a comment in the blog or send me an email and share your thoughts on the topic.
The audiocast is available on iTunes (as a Podcast) or here for download. Have a great day and join the conversation.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download