Welcome to the 31st CoffeeCAST with Stephen Hayward
of Project X. Today I have Ellen Rubin, VP Marketing of Netezza joining me. I would like to thank Brian over at Schwartz PR for helping set this up.
So here I am enjoying a cup of Starbucks brewed at home as we are doing this over the phone. Today we had a chance to chat about:
- Introduction to Netezza
- Discontinuity in the marketplace between demand and data and disruptive innovation
- Value to customers
- ad-hoc, what-if, simplify, drive cost out
- eXtreme performance and ease of use
- The Conference (started yesterday)
- Keynotes by Clayton Christensen (co-author of The Innovator’s Solution a must read) and Edward Zander (Chairman and CEO of Motorola)
- Some great topics and announcements
- Discussion of 5000 series and it’s value in the smaller scaled enterprise (disrupting the Oracle, Teradata, DB2 and now the SQL Server markets)
- And last but not least we compare Netezza to Apple as innovators and disruptors somewhat tongue-in-cheek.
So thank you Ellen who was a last minute stand-in for the new President and COO Jim Baum. I really enjoyed the chat and appreciated the time. I am hoping to be at the conference today, so may have some serious amounts of customer interviews and the like…
Listen in and we hope you
and more importantly, hope you join in the conversation. So drop a
comment in the blog or send me an email and share your thoughts on the
The Podcast is available on iTunes or here for download. Have a great day and join the conversation.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download