Welcome to the 21st CoffeeCAST with Stephen Hayward
of Project X. It has been a great week with some wonderful client conversations. They got me thinking about Innovation, Rapid Results and Speed to Market and when I was talking with Michael Ianni-Palarchio (MIP from mipsscan) about them we decided to do a CoffeeCAST.
We discuss a number of things, but as a quick indicator here are some of the areas we cover:
- Rapid Results – something you will see over and over at Project X
- Some topics from MIP’s mid-week update
- Innovation Value Networks / SWAT or Specialty Teams
- Some companies and their approach: Google, Yahoo
- Mindmapping tool called Mind Manager from Mindjet a product for capture of ideas (C-Map as an open source alternative and Casewise as something a little different again).
This was all about working to get business value to the business faster and tools and techniques.
So I hope you have a nice coffee, we did. Listen we hope you enjoy
and more importantly, hope you join in the conversation. So drop a
comment in the blog or send me an email and share your thoughts on the
The Podcast is available on iTunes or here for download. Have a great day and join the conversation.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Interesting about this discussion about Rapid Results you both talked about “deliverables”. It may be just terminology but I suspect not. What Bob is talking about change and helping the organization change, not delivering something. He sees the project as a team effort as opposed someone delivering something to someone else. I think the concept is involving people in an improvement process rather delivering or “imposing” a solution on somebody.
I believe this is a critical distinction.