So are these pieces on Business Intelligence of interest from the Think Big Data Warehouse conference. I am going o continue on my thoughts from Claudia Imhoff. In this post I am going to talk about some of the identified keys to success. Claudia listed the following in her presentation (remember this in context of an environment not technology):
- Approachable (ease of use, creation, learning and low total cost of ownership)
- Personalized data for it’s use from a solid foundation leveraging common corporate vocabulary (what does churn mean? what are earnings?)
- Analytic and Dynamic – no longer static reports, people need to slice through information, to drill down to the business problem as well as audit data in the process
- Web enabled – anywhere anytime information on demand. We all are mobile workers or global enterprises and need to gain access outside the corporate walls.
- Immediate access to relevant data
- ability to find, access and understand
- structured and unstructured together
- Information Portal – dashboard in business terms
All this is to say that we are in a real time anywhere anytime information and analysis at our fingers. Whether this is a PDA, Agent terminal, Call Centre, Shipping, CXO – close the process loop with actionable intelligence.