This week we are podcasting from the Canadian Teradata User Group Meeting in Toronto Canada. Graham and I talk about our different views having attended the Business and Technical streams talking about Active Data Warehousing and then add some experience from Project X.
We kick off with a general overview and then go into what is and what is the value of an Active Data Warehouse:
- Strategic Intelligence (OLAP / EDW / BI and Analytics)
– Back office intelligence
– Intelligence for … sales/marketing/forecasting etc.
- Operational Intelligence (OLTP, ODS)
– Front-line Customer Intelligence
– self serve, call centre, customer facing
– Intelligence for operational execution
… and how these two aligned together make up an active data warehouse. We also mention two case studies in the retail sector and a brief TCO initial discussion.
Please enjoy, feel free to comment and have a great day!
Our Podcast is also available on iTunes as well as here for download.