These lessons have been learned in school of hard knocks in consulting. Would like to see my scars?
- Readiness – People only do what they are ready and willing to do.
- Hidden factors – Many important factors are hidden.
- The clients are always right – Even when they appear to be wrong.
- The client success – The only measure of success in a consulting work.
- Change is the product – The product of a successful consulting project is not a great report.
- The Best interest of the client – Always act in the best interest of the client.
- Go the extra mile - Give the client 10% more than they expect.
I have written about many of these items in previous blogs and in a Knol called Harvey Gellman Pioneer Computer Consultant. Project X strives to use these lessons on every engagement. Tell us how we do.
Comments and additions are welcome.