I have had the fortune of working recently on our Carbon Footprint Reporting application (on MicroStrategy and leverages GeoDash) and converting it to a MicroStrategy iPad and iPhone application.
Project X Ltd has been expirementing previously with design and development, but often found it a challenge to have the time to go in throught the Apple SDK. So once we had the time (started last week) we decided to start with the MicroStrategy Mobile Suite. Here is what I have experienced so far.
- If you have good structure and architecture in MicroStrategy this is VERY easy
- Configuring Security Access is a bit of a challenge. You really want to have a good idea of your security configuration to know how to do it. Once figured out, it was also Really easy to set
Once you are past this hurdle, the next steps are fun and easy. We took our storyboard and wireframes from the previous application and then built them on the document templates for the two different devices and with a little report development we were off to the races.
It took us approximately 2 hours to create a simple iPhone flow and initial application. The iPad took a bit longer as the Report Services Document was more complex as we were melding a bunch of different data visualizations together.
This makes me happy as it confirmed the training I received this week on being a Lead MicroStrategy QuickStrike Facilitator that the process does work and you can create these things this fast and drive real results.