Role: Business Analyst
Project X Ltd. is a boutique advisory, systems integration and support firm focusing on providing:
- Advisory Services
- Data Warehousing / Data Integration
- Business Intelligence
- xBusiness (device and web-enabled services)
- Support Services
By focusing on our clients’ objectives and best interests we are able to work collaboratively to drive Business Value through Rapid Results.
Our team of experienced professionals works along side our customers using an integrated delivery model, which allows us to tailor our approach to the individual needs of an engagement. From strategy through to execution, we work with our clients to achieve results in a quick and cost effective manner.
Our Difference is our Approach:
- Creative, innovative and adaptive approach to solutions to meet client objectives
- Single focus on delivering value and act with a sense of urgency
- Work in the best interests of client (client‐lead)
- Generate real results
- Develop trusted relationships
Our clients’ see us as a friendly and approachable firm whose people will work with them to meet their objectives. Some of our past success has been in the areas of Telecom, Financial Services, Retail and Manufacturing where together we have worked to achieve great results.
Reports to: Vice President of Consulting
Business Systems Analysts reporting to the project manager will work with the end business primes and the technology teams to understand and document source systems data models, document data and workflows for operations and applications. Ensuring that the proper level of understanding of the requirements can create the understanding required for the technical teams to do their designs. The Business System Analyst will also provide continuity of support through the development phase and work with the business primes in the testing phases.
- Ability to quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry
- Ability to extract client requirements using business analysis techniques
- Ability to facilitate both team and client meetings
- Agile and Waterfall methods
- Perform gap analysis against business requirements
- Develop specifications for each of the reporting data marts.
- Gather and the requirements for all reports and queries that are part of the overall package.
- Create detailed business and functional requirements documents and own document updates and reviews throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead testing initiative: create test plan, test scenarios and test data
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner, being the voice of the business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- A demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of end-users and business clients
- Possesses understanding in the areas of BI reporting and database and system design
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability with excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to assign priorities to multiple competing and important activities under tight deadlines
- Practical approach vs. theoretical knowledge
- Experience in Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata environments
- Experience in MicroStrategy, Cognos or Business Objects environments
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to write basic queries
- Strong data and process modeling and analysis skills gained on Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence projects
- Education and Communication
- Excellent English communication skills – both written & verbal. Bilingual in French a definite asset.
- Post secondary Degree – preferably Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent combination of education & work experience.
What we Offer:
Your will find Project X to be an exciting place to advance your career and contribute to challenging projects. We offer a number of advantages including:
- Challenging assignments using the latest BI/DW tools
- An opportunity to innovate
- Colleagues who are passionate about delivering great projects
- Compensation commemorate with experience and skills