So I was surprised, but in a good way.
This is a fairly straightforward product. Some thoughts:
- Job Setup – Easy all click and select and then configure
- Scheduling – Very straightforward
- Plug-ins for various Enterprise systems – Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Postgres, file systems…
- Plug-ins allow for automated integration into the Enterprise system built in components.
- Operation – looks very easy
- Restore – only against already run backups. Not able to set these up ahead.
- Monitoring – integration and ability to monitor from outside, logs and so forth looks limited – possibly use command line
- Integration with External job scheduling systems – possible command line available – could be cool
So far it looks like the marketing brochures promise. And that is a pleasant surprise.